A SQL-based relational database management system.
|Last Release Date:
||Sep 26, 2011
|$$ Upgrade Available:
More from PostgreSQL
Database Servers and Tools
The following description come directly from the publisher's
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source relational database system. It has more than 15 years of active development and a proven architecture that has earned it a strong reputation for reliability, data integrity, and correctness. It runs on all major operating systems, including Linux, UNIX (AIX, BSD, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, Mac OS X, Solaris, Tru64), and Windows. It is fully ACID compliant, has full support for foreign keys, joins, views, triggers, and stored procedures (in multiple languages). It includes most SQL92 and SQL99 data types, including INTEGER, NUMERIC, BOOLEAN, CHAR, VARCHAR, DATE, INTERVAL, and TIMESTAMP. It also supports storage of binary large objects, including pictures, sounds, or video. It has native programming interfaces for C/C++, Java, .Net, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, ODBC, among others, and exceptional documentation.
An enterprise class database, PostgreSQL boasts sophisticated features such as Multi-Version Concurrency Control (MVCC), point in time recovery, tablespaces, asynchronous replication, nested transactions (savepoints), online/hot backups, a sophisticated query planner/optimizer, and write ahead logging for fault tolerance. It supports international character sets, multibyte character encodings, Unicode, and it is locale-aware for sorting, case-sensitivity, and formatting. It is highly scalable both in the sheer quantity of data it can manage and in the number of concurrent users it can accommodate. There are active PostgreSQL systems in production environments that manage in excess of 4 terabytes of data. Some general PostgreSQL limits are included in the table below.
The following news items come directly from the publisher's News Feed.
MicroOLAP Database Designer for PostgreSQL v1.9.0 released Tuesday, May 21, 2013
The MicroOLAP team is proud to introduce Database Designer for PostgreSQL v1.9.0, an comprehensive CASE tool with intuitive graphical interface allowing you to
- build a clear and effective database structure visually,
- see the complete picture (diagram) representing all the tables, references between them, views, stored procedures and other objects,
- easily generate a physical database on a server,
- modify it according to any changes you made to the diagram using fast ALTER statements,
- import already existing diagram from a server,
- export diagram to common graphic formats or as SQL script,
- create detailed printings and reports.
This release introduces internal and architectural improvements. New compiler used as well as new exception tracer implemented.
You're welcome to download the Database Designer for PostgreSQL 1.9.0 right now at:http://microolap.com/products/database/postgresql-designer/download/
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or report bugs with our Support Ticketing system available athttp://www.microolap.com/support/
Read More »
- [!] New compiler used in development
- [!] New exception tracer tool used
- [-] "Designer doesn't restore itself to maximized state after restart" bug fixed
- [-] "Modify Database ignores output script character case option" bug fixed
- [-] "Reverse Engineering warns that diagram is not empty even though it clearly is" bug fixed