by Python Software Foundation
A multi-purpose object-oriented programming language.
|Last Release Date:
||Sep 5, 2011
|$$ Upgrade Available:
More from Python Software Foundation
The following description come directly from the publisher's
Python is a dynamic object-oriented programming language that can be used for many kinds of software development. It offers strong support for integration with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and can be learned in a few days. Many Python programmers report substantial productivity gains and feel the language encourages the development of higher quality, more maintainable code.
Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, OS/2, Amiga, Palm Handhelds, and Nokia mobile phones. Python has also been ported to the Java and .NET virtual machines.
Python is distributed under an OSI-approved open source license that makes it free to use, even for commercial products.
The following news items come directly from the publisher's News Feed.
- Python 2.7.5 released 6 days ago
- PyOhio 2013 Call for Proposals due June 1st 11 days ago
- Python 3.2.4 and 3.3.1 have been released 45 days ago
- Python 2.7.4 released 45 days ago
- Release candidates for Python 3.2.4 and 3.3.1 have been released 57 days ago
- A release candidate for Python 2.7.4 has been released 59 days ago
- Python trademark dispute resolved! 60 days ago
- Python trademark at risk in Europe: We need your help! 96 days ago
- Python wiki server online again after recovery 116 days ago