by Python Software Foundation
A multi-purpose object-oriented programming language.
|Last Release Date:
||Sep 5, 2011
|$$ Upgrade Available:
More from Python Software Foundation
The following description come directly from the publisher's
Python is a dynamic object-oriented programming language that can be used for many kinds of software development. It offers strong support for integration with other languages and tools, comes with extensive standard libraries, and can be learned in a few days. Many Python programmers report substantial productivity gains and feel the language encourages the development of higher quality, more maintainable code.
Python runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, OS/2, Amiga, Palm Handhelds, and Nokia mobile phones. Python has also been ported to the Java and .NET virtual machines.
Python is distributed under an OSI-approved open source license that makes it free to use, even for commercial products.
The following news items come directly from the publisher's News Feed.
Python 3.4.0 beta 1 has been releasedSunday, Nov 24, 2013
The first beta for Python 3.4, Python 3.4.0b1, has been released. Read More »
- Python 3.3.3 released 24 days ago
- Python 3.3.3 release candidate 2 has been released 31 days ago
- Python 2.7.6 released 33 days ago
- Python 2.6.9 final available 44 days ago
- Python 2.7.6 release candidate 1 available 46 days ago
- Python 3.3.3 release candidate 1 has been released 46 days ago
- Python 3.4.0 alpha 4 has been released 53 days ago
- Python 2.6.9 release candidate 1 has been released 73 days ago
- 2014 PyTennessee Conference CFP 73 days ago